Monday, March 26, 2012

WALL STREET INSIDER: Why I Do This

In an insightful and emotional letter, a longtime Wall Street Insider discusses why the defeat of Barack Obama in 2012 has for them become the “the most important thing I can do with the time I have left.”

My Friend,

Apologies for being unable to meet with you. My current condition would not be conducive to a discussion worthy of your time as my focus and energy are too often depleted.

I am far from over though. And the tasks I have promised to undertake on behalf of our shared gals are proceeding if not under my direct guidance, certainly by capable individuals who have and remain loyal to interests both personal and professional.

Your concern is received with gratitude, but it is not necessary. Old age is the end result of each of us both blessed and cursed with living on beyond our physical means. I’m an old man. That’s what a good friend used to call one of those “unavoidable truths”. Ok then. There is pride in being able to say so. My life is an extension of those who sacrificed before me and so it has always been my intention to live as long as possible out of gratitude and respect for that sacrifice. And I’m not quite done with doing so just yet. Gratitude and respect are fine, but I’m a stubborn and selfish old man as well and in no hurry to accept the inevitable, unavoidable truth be damned.

We still have much work to do before now and November, and I have every intention of fully meeting my obligation in what has been started here. It would not be fair to either yourself or –name deleted- if I was to be so rude as to roll over and die now would it? Perhaps then this adventure we are now on is actually responsible for waking me up each day? Yes, I believe that may very well be true, and so I must thank you for continuing to include me in all of this.

If you have been paying attention to the news reports, which of course you are, then you are seeing the initial results of my efforts. There will be more to come soon. Support has been quite strong. I am actually rather amazed at how deeply the fear for the country now extends. It has brought together quite a normally quite disparate group of interests. Neither time nor the severity of the moment allows for us to sit and watch and pretend to live above it all. Not anymore. The determination of those who control this administration, and the willingness of this president to assist in their desired outcome has finally awoken us. The defeat of Barack Obama is the most important thing I can do with the time I have left. I do not say that as a boast. I do not say that to somehow elevate my own sense of importance. I say that as a man blessed to have lived in this country for many decades and in that time, the prosperity that time has given to me is worthy of many lifetimes. What I owe to this country demands I do what I can to save it. This beautiful and chaotic experiment that isAmerica. I am so sorry to not have felt this way sooner. That is the one thing I fear the most of late. Regret. Such a horrible – horrible word. Regret. I read the comments of your readers. As many as I can. I am almost shamed to tell you how closely I follow those comments. It borders on obsession. The many who have said I should have done more. Who said I helped or at the very least allowed Barack Obama to be elected president. While my powers of influence certainly are being exaggerated by such comments, the essence of their meaning is accurate. I was both arrogant and lazy. And so I must apologize to them for that. The anger and resentment that Americans feel toward Wall Street is sadly, deserved. At least in part. While we are not the monsters of greed and manipulation some would make of us, so many on Wall Street were not paying attention. That truth cannot be denied. And so there are those of us now working to remedy, in whatever way we can, however best we can, the mistake of our own arrogance and ignorance. I can only speak on my own behalf in this and say that my hope to do just that is quite sincere in each and every breath I now take, and in each and every breath I have left in me to do so.

The person known as Barack Obama must be defeated in November. Where once I saw a largely intellectually ineffective man who appeared to know little more than their own self interest, I now see as an integral fixture within a much more comprehensive agenda that is so utterly dangerous and damaging to the United States it has left me stunned to the core of my being. There are world leaders who have come to realize this same truth. You know well who I speak of. They looked into the eyes of the man calling himself Barack Obama and witnessed the most dangerous combination of absolute and all consuming arrogance, deceit and ill intent. But just as there are those who fear such a combination, you must understand there are also others who welcome it. Far more than is comfortable to admit. The enemies ofAmerica are now gathering. 2008 was the calling. We have abandoned the Almighty. My greatest fear is He may now have abandoned us. In our foolish neglect of the great gift of freedom that is theUnited States, perhaps that is exactly what is deserved. And yet, I refuse to simply accept that. For my children and grandchildren and their children’s children, I must do everything in my power to secure the continued potential of the nation that offered itself as a haven from the tyranny my own family fled so many years ago. So many years, and yet, as my time on this earth concludes, it feels to me now to also have been so very recent. The older I have become, the more I now miss my own mother and father and other loved ones long ago gone from me. So many who did not survive. I am haunted by them. We are all born to die I suppose, but presently I feel as if too much is being left undone. I worry over not meeting my promised obligations. I worry about letting you down. Of failing to live up to the responsibility of having survived while so many others did not.

I must apologize for my prattling. Even when engaged in the written word I find my mind has difficulty walking the same path for any length of time.

-Name Deleted – told you to closely watch the Supreme Court proceedings this week. They are right to do so. It is my great privilege to count two of the nine members of that court as friends. Until somewhat recently it was three. That third being a man whose wisdom and friendship I miss terribly. His legal stewardship at this particular time would have proven invaluable to us. May God grant these nine people the wisdom to remove the oppression contained within that foul document so appropriately called “Obamacare”. Never should its manifestation have been allowed. Never should I and others have even remotely considered it may be of benefit to Americans struggling without health care coverage. A Trojan Horse of false idealism and we opened the gates to it and now a battle for the soul of Americans underway. It is shameful how little attention I paid to it then. Such a stupid and pretentious man I was. Perhaps I still am.

Thank you for the reading and film package you sent. I have to be honest and admit I did not make time for any of them but one. Last weekend I did watch the film about the Irish singer. It was a beautiful story. Your people are so lyrical. Even when we would conduct our interviews your voice has a pattern to it like poetry that is quite pleasant to be around and sometimes it is more of a song than a conversation. Does that make sense to you? I do hope we have more opportunities to speak with each other in person but I am simply not comfortable with you seeing me like this. That film though was, however temporary, a pleasant escape for me. And the musical disc you sent with it I play often now. The first of the numbers in particular. You were right to say I would find much to relate to in that song.

One last thing I must ask of you. Some months ago I offered you protection and you refused it. I would ask that you reconsider for not only yourself but your family. I am not certain you fully appreciate just how combative the coming months may become, and how willing certain parties will be to attempt to silence all opposition. I can provide some measure of insulation from that opposition and can have it fully in place within a day’s time. As you may suspect, I have already done this for you to a far lesser degree, but to further your protection would require a bit more intrusion and I will not do so without your consent. Please consider my offer. You were told the story of someone who died under suspicious circumstances only to see some associated with them then be rewarded following that death. The details of the story –Name Deleted- shared with you is true. I confirmed that myself. And you yourself have since witnessed the rewards of those involved now playing out. The excitement of discovery must always include the necessity of caution. Please do not compromise your safety and please reconsider your refusal of my assistance in that regard.

I am blessed to count you as a friend.

-Name Deleted-

No comments:

Post a Comment