Monday, June 27, 2011

Bachmann won't take Fox host's apology

Via POLITICO's Jennifer Epstein, Michele Bachmann isn't accepting an apology from Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace for asking her yesterday, "Are you a flake?"

ABC News' Jon Karl, who's been getting face-time with Bachmann in Waterloo in advance of her formal campaign announcement, played a clip of the web video in which Wallace said, "I messed up. I'm sorry."

When Karl asked if she accepts the apology, Bachmann brushed aside the question this way: "I think that it's insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious."

Trying the question again, Bachmann replied, "Those are the small issues. I'm focused on the big ones."

The episode is an unusual moment of conflict between a Republican candidate for 2012 and Fox, and is a stark contrast to the relationship Sarah Palin, with whom Bachmann is often compared to, has with the network.

The full video that was posted Sunday of the Wallace apology had him saying, "A lot of you were more than perturbed, you were upset and felt that I had been rude to her. And since in the end it's really all about the answers and not about the questions. I messed up. I'm sorry. I didn?t mean any disrespect."

No comments:

Post a Comment